Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2839 - 10/29/10 09:24 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: Stratman + 11R]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Originally Posted By: Stratman + 11R
The difficulties that I have with the subjective post VSA made is that I tried a lot of different applications (Power amps, combos, head/cabinets, etc) before settling in on the QSC K12’S

I did in fact try different versions of EV, JBL, QSC, Mackie power and unpowered cabinets and have a completely different view on the QSC K12 (PS: Almost purchased QSC K10’s instead)

BUT, for me the EV’s were too ‘home stereo' sounding not a live performance sounding application where low volume and then high volume situations apply.

Since I started playing back in 1964, you have me beat the number of years you claim with the other friends you have, and therefore, so what if then packaging system work…

I'm happy you love the QSC K12's. They are GREAT powered monitors just as the K10's are which I liked better myself but I am confused why you are having so much "difficulty" with my personal review?

I've read scathing reviews of a lot of gear I use or have used, but that's just the nature of reviews. I just perform my due diligence and use them as a guide to let me know which ones I may want to try for myself and make my own decisions on which gear works best for me.

I'm not sure what you are trying to insinuate exactly and I'm all for a friendly exchange regarding everyones own personal findings as long as we're talking about the same gear. However, it sounds as if you feel like I have some sort of agenda with having chosen the EV's over the QSC's as if there's just no way in hell that I could possibly be telling the truth, or "claiming" things that are not truthful and I'm not sure what to make of that.

I don't care if anyone buys an EV or a QSC - that's not what this is about, it's about letting people know that hey, I was turned on to a monitor that I NEVER even considered checking out and was so pleasantly surprised that I decided to write about it and I'd be just as happy for someone if they chose the QSC or the EV.

Lastly though - I'm not sure what the end of your last sentence means because grammatically it's not making any sense. I think there's a typo there somewhere maybe or am I reading that wrong?

#2845 - 10/30/10 06:55 AM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
Stratman + 11R Offline
advanced member

Sensitive - just a bit?

I have read your post here and on other forums.

Must be nice to be that rich… to actual have all the equipment that you own…

Enjoy all of your equipment.

Received insurance check for stolen gear, now purchasing Axe FX II and Presonus 328 speakers

#2847 - 10/30/10 08:22 AM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: Stratman + 11R]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Sensitive - just a bit?

Dude, give it a rest!!

My guess is, it IS nice to be able to afford all the different equipment; and your point (other than jealousy) is???????????

If you don't like or agree with VSA or his opinions, fine, we get it, now the question is SO????????????????????

I (and MANY others) would not even own an 11R if it wasn't for VSA taking the time to make different video's and sharing them on youtube; he gave an honest opinion of how it sounds and what it could do and based upon his video along with additional research I did, I'm now a proud owner of the Rack.

I appreciate his opinions and research for his experience with QSC - EV, but that's what it is, HIS OPINION.... now I'm going to say those last two words again, vewy vewy sloweee:

H I S - O P I N I O N

I've never met VSA but from all I've know about him here online I LOVE the guy (in a very masculine heterosexual way of course) smirk

Try to deal with your "sensitivity" by planting Hollyhocks or Sweet Williams or maybe listen to old Ethel Merman records or something....sheeeeshhhh!

Oh, and one last thought.... so what if then packaging system work… ummmm, WHATTTT????????????? crazy crazy

#2849 - 10/30/10 03:15 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: Stratman + 11R]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Sensitive - just a bit?

Seriously? LOL! See they have this thing at what they refer to as "savings" and a financial instituton can help you set that up (aka a "Bank") and its amazing when you put as little as $50 per check in there, by the time you find something you wish to spend that money on, there's enough saved to use that money to buy that item! It's really neat and in the course of 20 years you'd be surprised how much gear you can aquire with all that saved money! AND the best part is if you buy gear that you no longer need / want in the course of those 20 years - other people will actually BUY that gear from you and you have even MORE money to put towards NEWER gear! I know it sounds revolutionary and complex in theory but its quite simple. Just google "how to save money" and you'll find a wealth of resources on the subject.

See? I can make ridiculous comments too.

Seriously brother let it go - it's obvious you have no sincere interest in discussing anything with any amount of rationality. If you change your mind I'm all but willing to entertain continuing this discussion but I'm going to take a wild stab...

Your name isn't Cary Chilton is it?

#2850 - 10/30/10 04:00 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
mikefont Online   content
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
The difficulties that I have with the subjective post VSA made is that I tried a lot of different applications (Power amps, combos, head/cabinets, etc) before settling in on the QSC K12’S

Hey...great for you! That is completely cool....to each his own! Whatever floats your boat! What works for some doesn't work for others. We all get that! But just because you disagree with VSA... to call his opinion "SUBJECTIVE" is just plain weak dude!

Since I started playing back in 1964, you have me beat the number of years you claim with the other friends you have, and therefore, so what then if packaged system work…

UUhhh......WHAT??? crazy crazy crazy I have no friggin idea what your trying to say there! Are you trying to imply that since you've been playing longer that some of us have been alive, that you know more than we do, and that YOUR opinions are more valid???? That is absurd dude! And quite frankly, quite a bit egotistical! We ALL know that music and opinions are ALL subjective, and we can all have a different opinion on ANYTHING. That doesn't make any one person right or wrong....just different, and THAT IS COMPLETELY OK! THAT'S AMERICA dude... freedom of speech and such! (no disrespect intended to anyone who lives elsewhere). But when someone tries to tout that THEIR opinion is better than someone else's, and then cop's an attitude when someone else disagrees, then that just shows how narrow minded, egotistical and insecure that person is! It sounds like YOUR the one who is sensitive "a bit"...or is that "ALLOT"?!?!

Sensitive - just a bit?

Hey guy, I do not know how old you are, or how long you really have been playing or ANYTHING like that, but you'll find that when ALLOT of people get into playing music and it is a passion of theirs, it is VERY EASY to accumulate equipment over the YEARS! It's scary to me to think back at all of the money that I have spent over the last 20+ years on guitars and equipment, but that doesn't make me or someone like VSA rich dude! And if we were, SO WHAT??? If you've got a problem with that, then that is YOUR problem sir! Don't cop an attitude with someone else just because YOUR the one who has issues, dude!

If you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to point out, then I'm sure we'd ALL like to hear it. This is a really friendly place here with lots of cool people. Friendly exchanges and opinions and such are absolutely welcome, but for you to start playing the jealousy card, well it just makes you sound like a little 10 year old girl...not like someone who's been playing since '64! Check the attitude at the door bro!

Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
Your name isn't Cary Chilton is it?

It's kind of starting to read that way, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit! I'm about ready ta go off again bro!!! mad Hold me back! grin

Edited by mikefont (10/30/10 07:05 PM)

#2855 - 10/30/10 08:17 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: mikefont]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

I'm holding you back Mike!!!! wink

Just cracks me up - That last post was just out of NOWHERE and didn't pertain to anything and a typical backed into a corner response to divert attention away from the fact that he started something he's not equipped to finish in a reasonable fashion I guess...?

hell who knows... and again I've already wasted 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back on what was initially looking like what was going to be a friendly exchange!

Silly me. smile Good thing I have all this money to occupy my time! Whew! LOL

#2865 - 10/31/10 09:57 AM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
veteran member

Yep, I now have 2 jackass's on my ignore list!

Yippie!!!!!!

He felt it necessary to PM me and continue his little tirade.
Well, he at LEAST did it on a PM message instead of on this public thread...so maybe he WASN'T Cary after all! I guess we'll all see.........well I won't, thanks to the incredible, magnificent, glorious IGNORE LIST! grin grin

And I'm sure this thread will get back to where it was intended to be at VSA! It's light outside, so they scurry back into the shadows... LOL

#2880 - 10/31/10 03:51 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: mikefont]
fayser1 Offline

Loc: IE
VaiSatchAtrucci... may I respectfully suggest you forget this fool and his comments as they are not appreciated in this forum and this is all a complete waste of your time and energy... just get back to doing what you do best-creating great sounds and giving good advice..
Tony

#2882 - 10/31/10 04:19 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: fayser1]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: fayser1
VaiSatchAtrucci... may I respectfully suggest you forget this fool and his comments as they are not appreciated in this forum and this is all a complete waste of your time and energy... just get back to doing what you do best-creating great sounds and giving good advice..
Tony

Trust I'm done. I appreciate the sentiment - point well taken sir.

#2886 - 10/31/10 06:49 PM Re: QSC K12 -vs- QSC K10 -vs- EV SXA250 Shootout! [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
veteran member

+1 Tony....+1 !!!!!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >