Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#8237 - 05/25/11 08:51 AM Re: post your 11 rig **** [Re: drokken]
drokken Offline
advanced member

i'll throw some pictures up this weekend of what all i got. a lot of customized and modded gibson's, prs's, and a tele

i'm currently building 2 guitars for 2 different friends, both with the same mod. one is a b.c. rich explorer style body that i routed pin stripes with different widths, the other is a peavey strat style guitar that i filled the front cavities and routed a plaid style design into (it's actual silver chairs new ablum cover with the differnt lines)

but both will have a korg kaoss pad installed into them. i got the peavey about 90% done but still have a lot of routing to do on the b.c rich, then i'll just need to prime and paint. the b.c. rich will have a schecter sinister guitar pinstripe paint job going on, and the peavey will be all different colored stripes.

i'll throw those pics up in a month or so when i finish them.

also check out my boy Stephen, he's my inspiration for building, you guys may get a kick out of his stuff, i sure do! smile

http://www.mcswainguitars.com/

Edited by drokken (05/25/11 08:52 AM)

#8243 - 05/25/11 01:27 PM Re: post your 11 rig [Re: drokken]
BerkleeGuitarist Offline
advanced member

Loc: Boston, Mass USA
Originally Posted By: drokken
This may be a dumb question?? But as a guitar tech and luthier. Could you move your knobs and switches around so that the switch would be at the bottom and your volume knob or your piezo volum mix knob would be a the top where the switch currently is? or maybe turn the switch so that it will flip from the top to bottom of the guitar rather from side to side?

It's not a dumb questions. The answer is that Music Man BallFamily Reserve guitars are limited edition custom shop productions often collected more than played. Modifying the guitar would devalue it.

I also think that I may be the odd man out here. I have never read a review of this guitar where someone had an issue with the toggle location. I seem to be the only player on the planet that isn't comfortable with it. I prefer my Music Man 25th Anniversary model because the controls are out of my way.
PRS 25th Anniversary McCarty Narrowfield
PRS Paul's Guitar
PRS Custom 24 Wood Library

#8244 - 05/25/11 01:48 PM Re: post your 11 rig [Re: BerkleeGuitarist]
drokken Offline
advanced member

right on. just sayin though, if you move a switch or knob, generally they all have the same hole size so their shouldn't be any drilling needed, and you should have enough slack to move stuff around, that way if you want to sell it you can move it back.

but like you were saying if its a collectors item you may just wanna leave it be. i'm that way with my 61 re-issue vos sg

#8256 - 05/26/11 07:48 AM Mine is simple: [Re: SloeGin]
Danny W. Offline

Danny W.

#8259 - 05/26/11 09:35 AM Re: Mine is simple: [Re: Danny W.]
fayser1 Offline

Loc: IE
beautiful set up... what is your guitar? and what make is the speaker?
Cheers

#8267 - 05/26/11 07:52 PM Re: Mine is simple: [Re: fayser1]
Danny W. Offline

Thanks!

The guitar is a Gibson Johnny A Signature in antique natural, and the cabinet is a Raezer's Edge Stealth 12-ER.

Danny W.

#8272 - 05/27/11 12:41 AM Re: post your 11 rig [Re: BerkleeGuitarist]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Originally Posted By: BerkleeGuitarist
VSA,

Thanks, man. The blue JP BFR is actually for sale right now. The guitar is awesome, but I think that I am the only player on the planet that doesn't like the position of the pickup toggle switch. I hold a pick more like George Lynch than John Petrucci. My fingers keep hitting the switch and changing the pickup in the middle of playing. I gave it 2 weeks, but I can't change my picking habits after 25 years of playing.

Its a 2009 JP6 Ball Family Reserve. I bought it from a collector in Calfornia who never played it. I played it at home for 2 weeks and just couldn't adapt to it. Selling it on eBay now for $2149.

Yeah I hear ya on the position, I actually am not a fan of the position either, but the neck is so great and perfect for my hand I just learned to love it I guess LOL smile

If I had the dough I'd be all over it - I dont think I'll be buying any more petrucci's though for a while... so dang expensive!

#8273 - 05/27/11 12:47 AM Re: Mine is simple: [Re: Danny W.]
VaiSatchAtrucci Offline
veteran member

Loc: Nashvegas
Originally Posted By: Danny W.
Thanks!

The guitar is a Gibson Johnny A Signature in antique natural, and the cabinet is a Raezer's Edge Stealth 12-ER.

Danny W.

yeah beautiful guitar brother - Johnny A is a smokin' player too I didn't realize he had a signature model thats awesome!

#8289 - 05/27/11 02:28 PM Re: Mine is simple: [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
Danny W. Offline

Originally Posted By: VaiSatchAtrucci
Originally Posted By: Danny W.
Thanks!

Danny W.

yeah beautiful guitar brother - Johnny A is a smokin' player too I didn't realize he had a signature model thats awesome!

Gibson has been making the Johnny A for nine years now. I think it's Gibson's best model since the ES-355, and they've replaced all my other guitars for stand-up gigs. I especially like that they have a 25.5" scale, since my usual gigging guitar is an L-5.

I met Johnny A at the 2004 NAMM show in the Gibson booth--he's both a great player and a very nice guy.

Danny W.

#8308 - 05/28/11 05:52 AM 11 rig [Re: Danny W.]
chagmaier Offline
advanced member

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >